What is pipe and drape? If you find yourself asking that question, then you've come to the right place! This article will go over the basics and give you a better idea of how effective pipe and drape can be when used for any event.
You’ve likely seen it in use in your everyday life. It’s often the backdrop of a press conference. It’s the tried-and-true method of creating exhibitor space at trade shows. I recently saw our pipe and drape being used at the Georgia Aquarium to section off an area that they’re transforming into a new exhibit.
Essentially, pipe and drape is:
1. A simple and effective way to create an unforgettable event.
2. An inexpensive and portable system that partitions or otherwise organizes a space.
3. A way to make any room beautiful, without the need for permanent construction.
At its core, pipe and drape consists of nothing more than steel Bases, aluminum pipes (both vertical Uprights and horizontal Drape Support Rods / Crossbars), and fabric Drapes.
These portable systems can go with you from room-to-room, and event-to-event. Best of all, pipe and drape is modular, so you can easily swap out or add parts to create a taller display, a wider display, or even a completely new look (as simple as just changing the drapes!).
We’ll go into more detail on each of these parts in other Learning Center articles, but for now, just know that using these few pieces together will totally transform your event.
The ease of use, versatility, portability, and affordability means you’ll see pipe and drape used in all kinds of places:
- It often serves as the backdrop for important speeches and press releases. Keep an eye out the next time you watch a political speech or a post-game interview of your favorite sports team.
- If you attend a trade show, pipe and drape is the most common method for trade shows booths that divide exhibitor spaces.
- Churches, whether an established church or a brand new start-up or mobile church, regularly use pipe and drape to cover up walls, mask new construction, and create a more intimate area in any room (such as if activities and services are held in a gymnasium or school).
- Colleges, schools, and universities often utilize pipe and drape for stage backdrops for both theatrical performances and graduation ceremonies alike.
- For weddings, pipe and drape can be used to enhance the setting of the ceremony or reception (or both!).
These are just a few of the thousands of ways that pipe and drape is used. Now that you know what pipe and drape is, keep an eye out and let us know where you see it next!
If you have any questions, please contact PipeAndDrapeOnline.com today – we’re always happy to help!