DuraTop is designed to increase the life of your Upright pipes and give you a smooth & seamless "no bump" drape line. Your pipe and drape backdrops will look amazing AND last longer by being resistant to the normal wear-and-tear of regular set-up and take-down.
And best of all, DuraTop can be added to your existing 1.5 inch diameter Uprights in just a few minutes! (*Tools required)
- IMPORTANT: DuraTop only works with our 1.5 inch diameter Uprights.
- Qty 1 = 1 DuraTop top piece and 2 Rivets. Upright pipe sold separately.
- For installation instructions, please see the "Assembly" tab.
This item typically ships within 2 business days*. Large orders and/or orders with ECONOMY SHIPPING chosen as the shipping method during checkout (when available) may have an additional production lead time before shipping.
*Business days do not include the day your order is placed, weekends, or holidays.
If you have a specific in-hand date, please contact us to ensure that we can meet your time frame.
If two or more items in your order have different production times, the entire order will usually ship together once everything is complete. For these instances, please refer to the longest lead time.
Item Type: DuraTop
Unit of Measure: Each
Size (Approximate, Each): 5 inches tall overall (for use with 1.5 inch diameter Upright pipes only)
Weight (Approximate): 5 oz.
Country of Manufacture: China
1) Cut off 2 7/8 inches from the top of your existing Upright (yes, you will be cutting off the slots that are punched-out in your aluminum pipe).
2) If you're also using any slots that are lower down on your Upright pipe, be sure to first align your DuraTop so that the DuraTop slots match-up accordingly (based on if you'll be using the upper or lower slots of the DuraTop) before proceeding to Step 3. Take note and mark your drill points on the upright with a pencil.
3) Drill a hole all the way through your Upright. We use a #11 Jobber Drill (diameter = 0.1910"), available at Fastenal. For best results with the included rivets, we suggest using this drill size.
4) Insert the DuraTop into the top of your Upright and align the pilot holes in the DuraTop with the holes that you drilled in your Upright.
5) Secure the DuraTop using the 2 Rivets that are included.
NOTE: THIS METHOD WILL MAKE YOUR UPRIGHTS APPROX. 3 INCHES TALLER SINCE YOU ARE NOT CUTTING OFF ANY PORTION OF YOUR EXISTING UPRIGHT. Please plan accordingly by paying attention to the ceiling clearance height, and noting that any of your existing drapes will now be hanging 3 inches above where they would normally be (this can make for a large gap from the bottom of the drape to the floor).
1) Simply insert the DuraTop on the top of your existing Upright pipe.
2) We recommend following Steps 2-5 in Method #1 to secure the DuraTop to your Upright using Rivets.