This item typically ships within: 2-3 business days for White, or 6 business days for all other colors*. Large orders and/or orders with ECONOMY SHIPPING chosen as the shipping method during checkout (when available) may have an additional production lead time before shipping.
*Business days do not include the day your order is placed, weekends, or holidays.
If you have a specific in-hand date, please contact us to ensure that we can meet your time frame.
If two or more items in your order have different production times, the entire order will usually ship together once everything is complete. For these instances, please refer to the longest lead time.
Item Type: 4 Panel Ceiling Drape Kit
Unit of Measure: Kit
Hanging Hardware Items in Kit (Approximate, Each):
Aluminum Ceiling Drape Ring / Hoop (Kit Includes 1) - Color: Silver - 20 inches diameter x 1 inch wide - 11 oz. - Country of Manufacture: China
6 Foot Long Acrylic Tube (Kit Includes 4) - Color: Clear - 72 inches long x 5/8 inch outside diameter - 5 oz. - Country of Manufacture: United States
Positioning Pins (Kit Includes 8) - Color: Metallic - 1 & 5/8 inches long - 0.01 oz. - Country of Manufacture: United States
Metal 4 Inch C Hook (Kit Includes 50) - Color: Silver - 4 inches tall x 1/8 inch thick - 0.03 oz. - Country of Manufacture: United States
Hinged Polycarbonate Plastic Ceiling Hook / Clip (Kit Includes 100) - Color: Clear - 1 1/4 inches tall x 1 1/4 inch wide - 0.01 oz - Country of Manufacture: China
Ceiling Drapes in Kit (Approximate, Each):
# of Drapes In Kit: 4
Fabric Name: Sheer Voile
Fabric Composition: 100% Polyester
Flame Resistance: Inherently Flame Retardant (IFR)
Size (Approximate, Per Ceiling Drape Panel): 252 inches long x 118 inches wide
Weight (Approximate, Per Ceiling Drape Panel): 2 lbs. 3 oz.
Opacity (Approximate, Normal Lighting Conditions): 0% - 30%
Country of Manufacture (Finished Product): United States
1) Start by laying your aluminum hoop under the center of the ceiling, and then take your ceiling drapes and spread them out.
2) Remove the nut and bolt on your hoop to open the piece, and string your ceiling drapes onto the hoop by sliding the metal through the fabric rod pockets. For the best look, spread out your ceiling drapes as evenly as you can, and position them so that you have several holes around the hoop that are unobstructed – you will need to use some of the holes when hanging your hoop.
3) Close your aluminum hoop by using the nut and bolt to fasten it shut. Decide how you will be hanging your ceiling hoop – see “Hanging Tips” below.
4) Go to the other end of your ceiling drapes (the ends that are away from the hoop) and slide an Acrylic Rod though each rod pocket. Spread your fabric evenly and secure it by placing a cotter pin on each side of the Acrylic Rod.
5) Using a ladder or scissor lift, attach your hoop to your ceiling.
6) To hang the opposite end of your ceiling drapes (the ends away from the hoop), place a C-Hook near each edge of the Acrylic Rod, allowing the Acrylic Rod to rest on the bottom of the “C” shape. For additional support, you can also place a C-Hook near the center of the Acrylic Rod as well. The closer you place the Acrylic Rods to the hoop, the more swag (drooping) you’ll have.
How will you hang your ceiling hoop? There’s no one right way, and often it takes some creativity. There are many different types of ceilings, and many different ways of hanging your hoop. Below are some tips for common ceiling types and situations.
IMPORTANT: Always use good judgment for ensuring that your ceiling hoop is properly and securely attached to your ceiling. Never hang your ceiling drape kit from emergency exit lighting fixtures or fire sprinklers, or hang in a way that obstructs any safety mechanism.
Hanging from a lighting fixture, pipe, etc.
Insert a C-Hook in some of the open holes going around the hoop. Typically, 3 to 4 C-Hooks will work, though depending on your ceiling, the number of hooks needed for secure hanging may vary.
Hanging from an acoustic / office-type ceiling
Our Hinged Clips are designed to fit onto standard metal support beams on this type of ceiling. Place some hinged clips onto the metal ceiling supports, and then use C-Hooks to hang the ceiling hoop from the hinged clips.
Hanging from a very high ceiling
Use chains or a similar type of fastening method, especially if you want the ability to raise or lower the hoop as needed.
Hanging from recessed lighting
If you’re able to pull out the recessed lighting from the housing, you may be able to wrap a sturdy, but thin, metal wire (not included), around the lighting and twist the wire on the end to form a loop. When you push the lighting back into the housing, you can use a C-Hook to connect to the loop that you created.